Heavy Duty Mechanic (SGI Inspection Certified)
Office Address: #1202 - 12TH AVE W.
This position is eligible for a signing bonus of up to $5,000!
Moody’s Equipment LP is a privately held equipment dealer, headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The company was founded in 1966 in Perdue, Saskatchewan; but has since expanded to include 6 locations across Saskatchewan. Moody’s Equipment is primarily known as a New Holland dealer; but also carries a wide variety of agricultural shortlines (i.e. Bourgault, SeedMaster, MacDon, etc.) and turf and acreage products (i.e. Husqvarna, STIHL, CubCadet).
At Moody’s Equipment LP, our focus is people first. In today’s competitive marketplace it is important to remember that people have options; customers have options when making purchasing decisions, and employees have options when it comes to their careers. By focusing our attention on people first, we begin to understand what is important to them as individuals; the result is better guidance in terms of the products or services our customers need, and the career path our employees take. We feel that this philosophy will ultimately lead to stronger partnerships, reduced turnover, and a better experience for all parties involved
Join our Team as the next:
Heavy Duty/Truck & Transport Mechanic (SGI Inspection Certified)
We are a diversified shop that specializes in Agriculture equipment and also performs SGI safety inspections on truck and trailer units.
Take your mechanical ability and put it with your interest in all types of equipment engines, electronics and precision testing equipment, and you could have what it takes for a career as an Heavy Duty Mechanic/Truck and Trailer Mechanic. This role will also give you the opportunity to work on a diverse range of equipment.
The candidate should have a good working knowledge of engines, transmissions, SGI Safety requirements, electrical etc.
Our ideal Candidate is or will have:
- Journeyman status (HD, or Truck & Transport) apprentices with relevant experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Current SGI Safety Inspection Certificate (or ability to attain).
- Agriculture Equipment experience - not required but an asset.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions (must meet SGI Standards).
- Service equipment to ensure manufacturer's maintenance specifications are being upheld.
- Perform inspections as per the Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program
- Recondition, repair, assemble and service equipment as assigned.
- Keep accurate, easy-to-read records of work performed.
- Maintain safe work habits.
The Moody’s Difference:
- Excellent wages
- Bonus based on performance
- Training and Development Programs
- Dealer Sponsored Training
- Manufacturer Sponsored Training
- Annual Salary review
- Bereavement Pay
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Health Travel Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Annual Safety Boot Allowance
- Annual Tool Allowance
- Educational Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Apprenticeship Training Program
- Matching Scholarship Opportunities
- Company matching Deferred Profit Sharing
- RRSP plan
- Dodge Employee Purchase Discounts
- Employee Purchase Discounts
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation Per year
Moody’s provides a great opportunity for career growth and advancement, while being part of a dynamic team environment.